Empowering Individuals Since 1961
The HC Opportunity Center (HCOC)
The HC Opportunity Center provides people with various disabilities vocational job training, socialization, and the opportunity for competitive employment.
HCOC provides high-quality, fast-turnaround services to meet your labor-intensive packaging and assembly needs. For over 60 years, our workers have been helping corporations nationwide, and especially Chester County and the greater Philadelphia area. At HCOC, we complete your project using a socially responsible workforce.
Learn more about our program opportunities. Our services present opportunities for meaningful employment, vocational skill development, and daily fulfillment. The HCOC provides a safe, caring environment that helps workers enhance their skills and confidence.
Individuals and corporations support HCOC in a variety of ways, from providing financial donations, and volunteering, as well as sponsoring events. Your support empowers individuals with barriers to employment.
Call us to outsource your company's packaging needs
Local Corporations have been outsourcing packaging, assembly and production work to Handi-Crafters (now HCOC) since 1961. HCOC runs one of the largest employment and disability-focused nonprofit support service programs in the greater Philadelphia area.
The HCOC offers custom solutions to companies needing to outsource manual intensive handwork. Choosing socially-responsible outsourcing with HCOC provides many advantages: controls capital costs, increases efficiency, and reduces labor costs and more.
Projects May Include:
- Manual intensive handwork for jobs of all sizes
- Building and filling point of purchase displays
- Medical component assembling, kitting and packaging
- Repacking of palletized cases of single flavor drink cans such as beers, teas, custom health drinks, and carbonated water into smaller variety packs
- Cosmetic kitting and packaging
- Preparation for mailing, collating, and labeling marketing pieces
- Box assembling, and packaging for distribution
- Weighing, and packing semi-solid materials
- Collating, packaging, and boxing custom printed tee shirts
- Shrink wrapping and palletizing products
- Component Procurement
Golf season is almost here!
Mark your calendars now for the 2023 Fall Fest for The Best of Us!
Looking forward to seeing you at the 3rd Annual Cars for Charity
Participate at the HC Opportunity Center
HCOC offers a continuum of services. We work alongside hundreds of individuals with various intellectual, developmental, or physical disabilities, mental health diagnoses, cerebral palsy, traumatic brain injury, veterans, and people on the autism spectrum. We help individuals break down the barriers to employment, while expanding their capabilities, successes and personal satisfaction while achieving their employment goals.
- Vocational Evaluation
- Skill Development Center
- 1:1 Case Management
- Community Participation Programs
- Competitive Integrated Employment
- After Work Enrichment
- Adult Daily Living Center
Help make a difference with your donation. There are many ways to support our programs and services.
You can support us through volunteer opportunities or by attending an upcoming event.